Sunday 31 March 2013

Heart Shapes






Our school year begins in February, so I like to begin the year with easy and fun activities to tie in with Valentine's Day. You may have seen this simple print-making technique making the rounds on a few blogs and Pinterest boards. I first saw the idea here at TPcraft.com. My grade ones made this art work for their first art lesson. After discussing how colours can represent different emotions, students chose colours that made them feel happy to paint their page. We then made heart shaped stamps from pieces of cardboard tube and dipped them into red and pink paint. Students then scattered their paintings with hearts.














I also made some heart-shaped crayons to give away as prizes for the week. These are very easy to make and great for using up all those useless bits of old crayons and oil pastels. I've been wanting to make these for a while since seeing them here.


No comments:

Post a Comment